The archives of Pipestone County History is operated in the public interest by the Pipestone County Historical Society, a private not-for-profit organization.
- General collection of historical, architectural and social resources.
- Specific material related to Pipestone County organizations and industries, families, and businesses, persons and events.
- Primary source material includes ledgers, diaries and other holographic items, assorted records, scrapbooks and other memorabilia.
- Iconography includes broadsides and art work, architectural and engineering drawings, maps and photographs.
Archives holdings are considered one of a kind. They are non-circulating. Special care taken in their handling may include the wearing of cotton gloves while using some items.
What we have in our archives:
- Birth Records, Marriage Records, Cemetery and Obituary Records
- Pipestone High School
- Chesley Glass Plate Negatives Collection
- World War One Veterans of Pipestone County
- Family Histories, Family Bibles, and Oral Histories
- Commemorative Booklets and School Annuals
- Pipestone Indian Training School
- Plat Books for Pipestone County and Close Brothers Land Sale Records